Monday, February 9, 2009

Topsy Turvy Cake

This is a picture of the bottom layer of the topsy turvy cake. It has the center cut out of it already to fit the top layer inside of it. It is also already covered in a thick layer of ganache. Just waiting in the until chilled so I can add the fondant! I used 8, 9 and 10 inch round pans for the bottom layer. I wish I would have made it a little more dramatic, but this is my first attempt and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

This is the top layer, I used a 6, 7 and 8 inch round pan. That made it alot easier to shape the cake the way I wanted...also cut down on all the trimming. I still needed to trim the cake, but not as much.













And this is the end result...a little rough around the edges, but perfect for my little girls 2nd birthday. She loves Nemo and that was the theme.






1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this cake, I have never tried to do one like this before! It is inspiring me to maybe try. I do some amatuer cake decorating from time to time. Enjoying your blog, found it on the Mom Bloggers Club first 100. I do two blogs, one about my fam and one about my cakes. Would love if you checked them out!

    ReplyDelete