Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Carnival Cake

I'm only calling it carnival cake because for my little girl's 3rd birthday I want to make the inside of her carnival themed cake (a carousel) look bright and festive. So I thought I would try out my theory early because I was curious! It worked.



So I started by using a normal cake mix...yellow. Next time I might try white just to see if the colors are brighter. I seperated the batter into seperate mixing bowls and added the gel coloring.

Then I striped the colors into the pan...it was thick enough it didn't run very much. I wasn't looking for perfect stripes anyway...just a bunch of unmixed color!
this is right out of the oven..looks a bit dull, but that's just the outside....


Pretty bright colors inside...I haven't cut into the teil part yet, but I'm sure it's just as pretty!



2 comments:

  1. So cool! I'm coming up with ideas for my daughter's 3rd birthday too and I love this, it's such a surprise when you cut into it.

    p.s. following you from MBC Under 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look colorful, follow from FFF, please follow backhttp://healthythaifoodbythebennett.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete