Friday, April 3, 2009

Easter cake lollipops

I made this recipe from Bakerella's cake lollipop recipe. It's really easy, decorating is definitely the hardest part!

The main part is easy! You just bake a cake…red velvet works the best, then process it to make crumbles! Add a can of cream cheese frosting and mix (using hands is easier) Then you just make balls, or whatever shape and freeze for about an hour. Then add a stick and dip in chocolate…decorate!!





I used corn syrup as glue...it takes awhile to dry but it's easy if you just paint it on with a small paint brush and then add sprinkles.

I covered these in sprinkles before the white chocolate dried. This works really well and dries super fast! Not to mention they are really really beautiful and sparkly in person.






And here they all are!! It takes awhile to decorate...at least it did for me because this was my first time...hopefully I will get quicker in the future because they are so cool.

20 comments:

  1. Those are really cute! Did you click the "follow" button on the left side of my blog? Because I don't see you there. Thank you so much for putting my blog on your blog roll. Awesome! I'm following you now. You know it went through because you can see my picture in your "followers".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower from the MBC Follow Me Club. These Easter Cake Lollipops are so cute! My kids would love this...I'm going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are SO cute! I wonder if you could use sprinkles and stuff before the icing is set... I'll have to give it a try!

    Swinging by from MBC Under 100 Club. Looking forward to more recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the MBC Club - great blog! I look forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the MBC Club- That activity is really cute. I have try that with Brookster

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Cute! Looking forward to reading more!

    I'm signing up to follow you from the MBC Under 100 Club!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice work:) Wish I could do this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! Stopping by from the MBC to follow and say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute - your site is giving me a ton of inspiration for my son's upcoming birthday party! Another Under 100 follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! I'm stopping by from MBC 100's. Added you to my blog list :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really cute!
    Coming from the MBC 100'S :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! My daughter would LOVE these! With the MBC 100's and added you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look super yummy!!
    I'm following you from the MBC Under 100 Club.

    Kelli
    Check out mine: http://momof3boys3702.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I tried these and had a really hard time making them. Anyhow, I'm visiting (and following) from the Under 100 Followers Club - can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!
    Just checking out your blog. I'm in the MBC under 100 folloers club!
    Keep it up!

    Come join the mayhem!

    Vanessa
    www.militarywifemayhem.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Mother's Day! Visiting & following from MBC 100 Club! Please stop by!

    Cindi @ Mama Mentor
    http://mamamentor.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am SO making these for some special occasion! Great job!

    Following from MBC---please follow back...

    <3 sarasophia

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are SO cute! I am a new follower from MBC. Please follow back! I look forward to new posts! :)

    http://tigereyes2001reviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete